Key facts: London Array suppliers
In 2009, contracts totalling over €2bn were agreed with a number of European suppliers who took responsibility for providing the core components and expertise needed to construct Phase One of London Array. These are:
- Construction of wind turbines: Siemens Wind Power
- Installation of wind turbines: Per Aarsleff A/S and Bilfinger Ingenieurbeau GmBH
- Construction and installation of foundations: Per Aarsleff A/S and Bilfinger Ingenieurbeau GmBH
- Construction of offshore substations: Future Energy, a joint venture between Fabricom, Lemants and Geosea
- Installation of offshore and onshore substations’ electrical systems: Siemens Transmission and Distribution Ltd
- Production of export cables: Nexans Norway AS
- Production of array cables: JDR Cable Systems
- Installation of all cables: Visser & Smit Contracting
- Supply of vessels: MPI and A2Sea
In June 2010, we held a supply chain event to introduce Kent-based businesses to some of the principal contractors. This was attended by more than 150 companies from a variety of sectors including construction specialists, marine consultancies, security services, equipment providers, hotels and B&Bs, engineering companies and recruitment consultants. Among these were a number of small businesses already working with London Array. As of December 2012 over 120 Kent companies and organisations have been working with London Array, equating to contract values of over £20m.
Kent Wind Energy
London Array has been working with Kent County Council and Locate in Kent to develop Kent Wind Energy – an online interactive directory that puts offshore wind farm developers and contractors and local suppliers in touch with each other. The simple to use directory allows people to search by category or company for services covering project development, equipment design and manufacture, construction and operation as well as more general support such as accomodation, recruitment and office supplies.
Click here to download further information on the directory.