Community facts at your fingertips
We’ve put together a quick summary of some of the ways we’re helping to make sure the Kent community shares in the benefits offered by London Array.
- £200,000 fund for nature conservation established, to be implemented by Kent Wildlife Trust
- Special measures in place to protect endangered species in the Cleve Hill area, especially the Great Crested Newt
- Over 10,000 trees and shrubs planted at Cleve Hill so far.
- Supply chain event held in June 2010 to highlight the potential supply chain opportunities available for local businesses
- The operations and maintenance base at the Port of Ramsgate was built by Mansell Construction Service and the project was managed by their Maidstone office using local contractors where possible
- 90 permanent jobs created in the Operations and Maintenance team
- £300,000 community fund established in May 2010, managed by the Graveney and Goodnestone Trust. Click here for more information about the fund and to find how to apply.
- Dedicated Community Relations team set up to answer questions and listen to concerns from local people
- Support given to local events such as the Friends of Graveney Church History Weekend and the Kent Marine Festival.
The next generation
- 10 year University Bursary Scheme established in 2010 to fund one student a year until 2019 to attend university for three years
- New car park, safety warning lights, crossing and steps for Graveney Primary School
- Traffic Marshal role funded
- Annual, index-linked donation of £2,000 made to three schools in the area to fund extra-curricular activities related to sustainable development
Like to know more?
If you’d like more information about our community activities, you can call our Community Relations team free on 0800 881 5266. Lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.